Friday 4 April 2014

Pins I Love - Knitty Goodness


So this week I bring you some knitty goodness from pinterest. This time there are no knitty socks or mittens at all. I had difficulty leaving them out but since they have each had a post to themselves I felt that it would be too greedy of them.

I had planned on doing a knitty post. I just hadn't decided when. I then saw this beautiful Trellis scarf on facebook and knew I had to go direct to the site and pin it. I also had to share it and so doing a knitty post was a must. It comes from the Purl Bee blog. I am positive I have discussed this blog before but I can't find it. Maybe I imagined it. I love this blog for it's patterns. Very occasionally they aren't to my taste but only very occasionally. I love them for their simple use of colour. They tend to use neutral colours with maybe one stripe of bright colour to make it pop. They also use simple stitches which looks so beautiful and effective.

This scarf is a prime example of their use of neutral colour (no pops in there mind you). I love it for that. If you click on the image it will take you direct to the pattern. This one is knitted in 6ply cashmere but I imagine it's a pattern that can easily be adapted. It also looks easier to do that the image suggests. Simply stunning! I can imagine that it would fit all colours but if I was to do it I would have to do it in ivory the same as the image.


I am a little bit in love with Brooklyn Tweed. The patterns always look so beautifully done. I doubt I could do it justice. I did do a baby blanket once and while I liked it it wasn't a patch on the original. I have even attended a class by founder Jared Flood. It was for his Garisole pattern. I loved the class but have yet to knit it as I have yet to find that perfect yarn for the pattern. I will one day.

Anyway, this is a circular shawl which reminds me a little of the Garisole. You can buy it from the Brooklyn Tweed website (just click on the image). Can I just say I hate brown. Almost as much as I hate orange. Two colours I would never consider knitting with EVER. Yet, an image of a Brooklyn Tweed garment knitted in brown would have me considering it. That's the power it has over me. Like the Purl Bee blog I mentioned I love these patterns not just for their beauty but for the use of natural colours. In my mind it highlights the beauty and complexity of them.

I should also be congratulated for my will power here. With no self control this knitty post would be entirely Brooklyn Tweed. Well done me (I am not ruling out doing that in the future though).


This one reminds me of Brooklyn Tweed. It's the use of grey as well as the beautifully knitted cables. In actual fact it is a pattern called Flavia by Beth King. It's not free but you can purchase it from Ravelry.


This one is more complicated. The pattern is called Shaelyn by Leila Raabe and you can purchase it from Ravelry. The original pattern is knitted up in one colour. Crafty Tails has added her own touch to it. A bright colour striped in with grey. I love it. I think the lace could have become lost in the grey but the bright green really brings it out. You can click on the image and it will take you to her blog post about the garment.


This pattern is free on Ravelry and is called the Honeycomb Stroller blanket. I love it because it is so versatile. It's one of those patterns which will look different as each person uses their own colour scheme. This is highlighted by the image I have chosen. The rainbow blanket was knitted by another ravelry user called Duschinka. I am trying to not think of all those ends that would have to be threaded in. However, if this was what you ended up with it would be safe to say that it was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment