Tuesday 6 June 2017

Fibreshare 2017



Finally, I am sharing my fibreshare goodies with you. Fibreshare happens a few times a year. I took part at the start of 2016 for the first time and it seemed apt that I would join in the first one for 2017. I think once a year is a good number for me.

This year I was linked up with two people like me. They don't have a yarny business they just love yarn. Neither of them have blogs so I have no links for you (other than the fibreshare website).  A lovely lady called Sarah sent me the most amazing parcel. First of all it came in this fantastic box. Once I have emptied it out of all its yarn I will have to think of something nice to put in it. Too pretty not to use again.


Sarah really stuck to all my likes. First of all there is a pretty blue yarn from my lovely friend Lisa of For the Love of Yarn. There is a yarn in there that looks like cake sprinkles which I don't know the brand but it does knit up lovely. You've already seen the socks I made with it for my sister. The green is a Debbie Bliss sock yarn which are on the pins for my dad for Father's Day. I love the deep purple of the Ring a Rosie yarn. I have yet to decide whether to knit up socks with it using a pattern from one of my books for myself or for my sister. The Socks Yeah by Coop Knits. It is gorgeous. I don't think the photo does it justice. I am thinking of designing a pattern especially for it.


I also got a lot of non-yarn goodies. A beautiful unicorn crochet hook by For the Love of Yarn, a fab project bag by Coop Knits, Knitpro DPNs, a little pouch with stitch markers, cute scissors, little cotton labels, an enamel pin, hand cream, soap and body butter, oh and of course tea. I love it all! Sarah was very generous and I have already been working my way through this.


I got to send a package to another lovely lady called Lindsay. It was so fun making up a parcel for her. The detail she put into her profile made it easy. Plus we had a lot in common. I sent her a little more yarn than I had originally planned as I sent the parcel later than planned and I wanted to thank her for her patience. I noticed she had been knitting with a lot of greens of late and so I made sure there was some of that in there as well as some of her other favourite colours. I made sure to include some of my favourite indie dyers. I sent her yarn from For the Love of YarnOwl About Yarn, Mothy & the Squid, Sara's Texture crafts (who is sadly no longer selling) and Rainbow Cloud.



I also sent some non-yarn goodies based on her likes. Thankfully she was pleased with her parcel even if it did arrive just before the deadline. 

No comments:

Post a Comment