Wednesday 13 November 2013

Wear the Rainbow!


Remember the scrummy yarn that Lisa gave me to knit her socks? It was one of her own hand dyed yarns and was aptly titled Rainbow Bright. Well, I finished them and I have to say I am a little sad and happy at the same time. Sad because, as I mentioned with the first time I tried Lisa's yarn, it was so lovely to knit with I didn't want it to end. Happy because look at the pretty! I think it's safe to say that these socks are unique.



I loved the way the colours of the yarn striped together and created a spiral pattern. It brings together the strangest combination of colours which somehow work. Like green and reddish-pink, yellow and purple. I can't help but wonder how Lisa managed to get the colours onto the yarn like that. I have seen pictures of her yarn drying but it must be difficult to get so many colours onto the one yarn. The mind boggles.


 My favourite part of the sock though is the heel. You can truly see the rainbow there. I could stare at it all day. The toes also ended up like this but a little bit more subtle than this. If you look closely in this photo you can also see the sparkle that runs through the yarn. Yep, that's right, this yarn has everything. It's soft, full of rainbow goodness and has a sparkle.


I said my favourite part was the heel. Really it was handing the socks over to Lisa. I have never seen anyone so excited about receiving them in my life (and I've had a lot of positive responses in the past). She did a dance around the room and jumped on top of a chair so that everyone could see them.

The result of this has been is that I have been asked by a few people to teach socks again. I now have a list of about five people. That will keep me out of trouble in the new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment