Wednesday 11 November 2015

Sister's Winter Woolies - The Cowl


Every winter my mum would make my sister a set of winter woollies. My sister loves a woolly hat and mitts and some years she would even get two sets. I've decided to try and keep this tradition going and I am working on a full set of winter woollies. Watch this space to see if I get them all finished.

Firstly I made her a cowl. I used the crochet pattern from the cowl kit I received from the lovely Lisa. Although she has bought cowls before this will be the first one made for her. So at least I know she likes them.


My sister doesn't like them too close in to her neck so I decided to make this a little longer than mine. I had planned to use 150g of yarn but it turned out the one 100g ball was more than enough.


You can see a close up of the pattern here. It's a simple ripple effect which stands out even in this darker yarn. Once you get into the swing of the pattern it's fairly easy to do and it crocheted up in no time.


The yarn is a lot darker than I was expected it to be. I was hoping for a brighter teal which I think would have looked good against my sister's pink hair. I still like the colour though and I think my sister will too. The yarn is an alpaca tweed by Stylecraft and is one of the softest yarns I have ever had the pleasure of working with. It does cast a little but it's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment