Saturday 24 July 2010

Plucky Mushrooms!

Meet plucky mushrooms Hermes and Herman. I knitted this very quickly yesterday. The design is by Mochimochi of Mochimochi land. I got it from the book Knitting Mochimochi by Anna Hrachovec. The pattern was very easy to follow and I took about an hour to knit it. It calls for fingering yarn so I just used up some of my left over sock yarn. Mine differs slightly in that the eye are on the opposite side (purely accidental on my part) and they are also blue (just using what I had). I gave this one to my sister (who also named them) but I am definitely going to knit another for myself.

If you like cute, weird and wonderful then you will love this book. Just check out the others blog (linked above) to get a taste of what you might find there. The photographs in the book are fantastic and the instructions are so simple and easy to follow. I have a list of other things in the book that I plan on knitting in the future. My sister has already mentioned she wants a bed bug and slippers. Whilst my mum has hinted at the grouchy couch. Me, I want the skyscrapers. Other than my sock knitting books I would have to say this is one of my favourites. I just hope the author brings out one with all her tiny patterns.

No comments:

Post a Comment