Monday 3 March 2014

Pins I Love - Make Me A Quilt!


I have a pinterest board called 'Make Me A Quilt'. I love quilts and I have a few friends who are lucky enough to be gifted in the talented of making them. It's both an expensive and timely hobby and so I am unlikely to be able to take it up any time soon. Maybe when I retire in 40 years. That's a long time to wait. In the meantime I can only admire them and hope that someday someone will take the hint from my board title.

What I love about the quilt is that it is so versatile. There are different styles and methods. I do know that about it. I would be here all day if I was to pick something from each style. Instead I have picked out a few that I have liked recently. None of these come with tutorials. They are either linked to blogs or etsy.

This first one is a baby blanket. It was made by an etsy seller who comes under the name coolspool. Click on the image and it will take you directly to her etsy store. What I love about it is the little hexagons. It gives it extra charm. Not to mention that it also uses teal which is one of my favourite colours.


This one is from a blog called Ideal Stitches and is one of many examples of quilts this lady has made on commission. It's worth clicking on the link just to see the variety. I like it because of the colour. I know, I actually hate orange but the last few years I have been drawn to it. I don't know why. I just know I am going to end up with an orange room when I get my own place (maybe that's pushing it). Regardless, I love the blocks on this quilt and think it would be quite startling in any colour.


This gorgeous quilt is from a blog called House of Spoon. The lady who created it decided to decorate her child's bedroom with a camper van theme. as a fan of camper vans I heartily approve and kind of want this quilt for myself (there is really no kind of about it, I want). It's a fun blanket and would brighten up any room.


This is another fun quilt. I love the daisies and the alternating colours. It's simple but effective although I am sure it wasn't simple to make. This is from a blog called Pieces of Cotton. The lady who made it made one for her granddaughter and has this one for sale on her etsy page. I linked the image to her blog though as she has a number of beautiful quilts there.


Another orange quilt (I am really hoping this orange thing is just a phase of mine). What I love about this one is that instead of blocks it uses strips of fabric. It really is quite stunning. This is another baby quilt and was stitched by etsy seller MiaDolce. Sadly, this quilt has sold but if you click on the image you will see some of the other lovely quilts she has created.

No comments:

Post a Comment