Thursday 22 December 2016

December Stash


You have no idea how tempted I have been to buy festive related yarn. I have spotted so many lovely ones on instagram but have held strong. A few months ago I did sign up Lisa's Christmas box. For the Love of Yarn does this every year and I always sign up. This time I completely forgot and so it was a surprise when it came through my door. I was ecstatic with the colours. They are among my favourites. I also love the little stocking button and stitch marker and of course another hook to add to my collection. I have a few ideas as to what I am going to do with the yarn.


I also received my monthly mini skeins from Lisa. I have a fair collection of these. I am going to start a granny stripe blanket with them as I am loving the blanket I am making with the advent calendar mini skeins.


There were lots of goodies with this months Little Box of Crochet club. The pattern is for little cuffs which aren't to my taste but I think I will enjoy making. It also came with a fab stitch marker and some lovely scissors, not to mention tea, a hook and some labels. This club will be on hold next month as the owner wants to take some time to work on her ideas and of course to recoup with her daughter. It will be back in February though if you fancy joining.

As for me, other than the mini skein club I plan on buying no stash. Taking some time out myself to plan.

This will be my last post before Christmas. So I hope that you all have a lovely time. Think of us poor nurses who are working.

4 comments:

  1. have a fabulous christmas honey and I promise i will be thinking of all the devoted nurses and medical staff xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I was actually lucky. I worked night shift Christmas Eve and I have New Year off. I was working with a good team and we managed to make it festive.

      Delete
  2. Hi Karen your boxes of goodies looks lovely this month I am sure you will have a lovely time planning your projects to use them up. Are you all settled in your flat now and have you made all the crafty things you need to make it homely? I wish you a very Happy Christmas and hope that when you get some time off you have a relaxing and. enjoyable time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thank you. I am settled but planning on doing a lot to the flat over the next year or two. Keep changing my mind on where I am going to start. I haven't been doing many crafty things for the flat but they are on the cards for next year too. Including some cushions as I have only one in my living room at the moment. Hope you had a lovely Christmas.

      Delete