Monday 22 February 2016

February Stash


I both love and hate Instagram at the same time. I get to discover indie dyers and my bank balance takes a hit. I discovered Owl About Yarn via instagram and quickly followed her profile to her etsy page which was a mistake as I made a purchase straight away. I bought this stunningly pretty sparkly yarn which is part of her Sparkle Owl range. This colourway is called Quay Parade. A mix of rainbow colours against a predominantly blue background. It's almost as though it was made for me and therefore would have been rude not to pick it up. This will definitely be used for one of my monthly pairs of socks.


I am a sucker for stitch markers too. I have a large collection of them and I am always adding to my collection. I can't help it, it's a sickness. These stitch markers went straight into my basket as soon as I saw them. Dr Who stitch markers! What Whovian in their right mind could resist? I especially love the red converse.


As soon as my sock yarn and stitch markers arrived (very fast delivery by the way, I highly recommend) I went back to her etsy page. Although this time it wasn't supposed to be for me. I saw this colourway called Beach Huts and I purchased that too. I was originally going to use it for myself. However, since it arrived I can see myself knitting a pair of summer socks for my sister. I think she would like it.

I've added Owl About Yarn to my craft shopping list page. You'll find it under the Yarn list. You will also find her blog Owl About Yarn on my Craft Blog list. Each post has a podcast making it a little bit different. The author of these pages doesn't just knit, dye yarn and create stitch markers. She's also a spinner too. I know a few of you are interested in that side of things.


Not a month doesn't go by when I don't purchase something from my good friend Lisa of For the Love of Yarn. I signed up for her Valentines gift box (a gift to myself) and chose the sock option and then proceeded to forget all about it. In fact, I thought I knew what the box delivered was and so went a whole weekend without opening it (in my defence I was working that weekend). So it really was a surprise when I did finally open it. It came with yarn (of course), a sock pattern and a crochet hook, a bath bomb and a chocolate lolly (which has since been devoured).


The yarn came in what has become one of my favourite bases, donegal. It's also in my favourite colours, teal, blues and purples. Another yarn that will be used for only me. Anyone else got exciting yarn purchases?

2 comments:

  1. can't wait to see what you do with your new yarns honey :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The problem is I have been so good to myself of late I don't know which one I am going to use first.

      Delete