Wednesday 24 February 2016

What's New In February


I love discovering new things in the crafting world. It can be an instagram account filled with gorgeous socks or rainbow crochet or it can be a podcast that I tell myself I need to listen to when I have more time. I think the fact that I love that sort of thing shows in my pinterest posts. However, my interest isn't purely peeked by pinterest. I come across these things through magazines, word of mouth or by pure happenstance. I always think that I need to remember to share that. Sadly, I always forget and so I have started a new monthly post where I don't forget these things and share them with you.

First up is a relatively new blog which I have grown to love. It's called Knit Purl Hook and I first came across it through beautiful crochet images on instagram. The author of the blog doesn't update regularly but when she does there is usually a pattern or a tutorial in there. I love seeing her posts on instagram. I think we have a similar taste in colours. I also plan on having a go at her easy peasy flower squares one day.



I came across this book via Purl Soho (a blog and website I have mentioned before). I have since ordered the book and can't wait to read it. I love a travel writing book. They make me want to go out and explore. They also make me insanely jealous that I can't just drop everything and travel the world. This is a travel book. Better yet it's a travel book by a knitter and yarn spinner. This is going to take a few weeks to arrive but I have a feeling it will be worth the wait. I promise to review it here as soon as I have read it. You can order your own copy here (or better yet go to your local yarn store/ book store as they may already have it).



A short list for this month but I thought I would round it off with something I find incredibly cute. I think most of you will have seen these boxed monthly subscriptions that are doing the rounds. It all started with graze and has went from there. My personal favourite is Birch Box but as this is a craft blog and not a make up blog I won't be talking about that. There is such a thing as Little Box of Crochet. You can subscribe on a month by month basis for a box which will contain a crochet kit. I love this idea. I also like their instagram page which has a lot of fantastic crochet images.

So there we have some of my favourite finds for this month. Hope you liked them as much as I do. I would also love to hear about some of the things you have come across as I am always on the lookout for something new and unusual.

No comments:

Post a Comment