Monday 5 October 2015

Cosiest Socks


These socks shall forever be called the cosiest socks EVER. I started them before my mum took unwell and worked on them as I sat with her. All I had to do was graft the toes of the second sock. Circumstances meant that I never did graft those toes. I then came across them last week and I thought it was about time they got done. Friday night I was feeling the chill and I decided to put them on. They are without a doubt the comfiest socks I have knitted yet and they are so warm. I had them on after a 12 hour shift and they soothed my sore and tired feet. Miracle socks should be their other name.


This is where the yarn came from. I signed up to Lisa's yarn club in January and this was what arrived. I immediately fell in love with it. I actually showed this off on my first come back post in February.  I had no idea what I was going to do with it at the time. I just knew I wanted it to be special. I then attempted to knit a basic sock with it as I wanted to show off the striping of the yarn but as you can see here it didn't work out. So I hunted out a sock book I had that had several patterns especially for DK yarn.


The book is called Country Weekend Socks by Madeline Weston. I've had it for a while but never knitted anything from it. In fact a friend of mine used it before I did. I promise to review it once I have used at least one more pattern. The pattern I picked for this pair was the Cable and Seed Stitch Denim Socks by  Debbie Abraham. It was fairly easy to follow. A good pattern for anyone wanting to move on from the basic sock (who has a love of cables). I liked it not just because of the cables but also because of the frilled cuff. This was probably the most difficult part of the pattern.


They were quite quick to knit up because they were in double knit. I would have finished them months ago had I not taken such a big break from them. They might make my feet look chunky but given that the cold weather has come in who cares. I would love several pairs of these.

I know I had said that I was going to do a dedication to my gran. However, I was out all day and wanted to photograph some of the things she made that I have in a better light. It's dark now and so I'll post it on Wednesday instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment