Monday 14 September 2015

Blanket Club Month 8


August's blanket club box arrived while I was in York so I had to wait a whole week before I got to see what colour we got. Of course it meant I had something to look forward to after a week of fun. I wasn't at all disappointed with the colour. In fact this was what I was hoping for. I was wondering if a yellow would be coming up and here it is. It's gorgeous and by looking at it I can pretend we had a summer. A laser cut felt coaster also came with it. It's almost too pretty to use. I don't want to risk damaging it. Lisa's little label did say that you could attach it to a project of some kind. Would be interesting to see what people do with it.


As for the square pattern itself, it's a type I have never done before. It's called a mighty solid. you start at one corner and work your way out. I've seen it done with the traditional granny square and it makes for a lovely blanket. I've been enjoying working on them. I always like to give something new a go. They do need pinned though. And I hate pinning but I get to use the lovely pins that came with another of the yarn blanket boxes.


I am almost half way through what would have been my mum's yarn. I'm not sure that I will get mine finished too before the next box arrives but you never know. To be honest I just want to enjoy the lovely bright colour. I'm not sure that I will get all 26 squares out of the yarn as it does take quite a lot but as I am waiting until I have all 12 months before I decide on the order it doesn't really matter.

If you are liking the idea of a blanket club Lisa is planning another one soon. You can follow her on her facebook page, For The Love of Yarn, where I am sure she will be posting details when she starts the next one.

I am posting this a day early as I am planning a mini extra post for Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment