Monday 30 December 2019

My 2019


I decided to make a collage of all my makes this year and share it that way. I had no idea I created to little and all of them (pretty much) are socks. How dull. I did go through long spells of not knitting at all which made these photo’s harder to find among all the cat photos. Speaking of the cat. I started the year by finishing a crochet blanket using scraps of sock yarn. It was for her tree which I got her last Christmas. It’s the only item of crochet I have done this year. I really should make her some more. The second photo is my favourite socks this year. The patter in called Anniversary Socks by Nancy Bush (one of my favourite sock designers). The yarn is by Mermaids Purse. It has a donegal base which is also my favourite. I need to knit these again as I gave this pair away to our ward Clark after she told me she loved knitted socks. It’;s always nice to find a new recipient. The only other one I will mention is the stocking which I loved knitting. I’ve already posted about that though.


The bulk of my knitting was done in a very short period of time and was for charity. Again, I have already posted about this. Since I did seven pairs of socks out of 400g of yarn and in less than 2 months I felt it only right that it should be hosted here too.


Lastly here are four pairs of socks all done in my Zig-Zag lace design. I have plans to publish this pattern via revelry by the end of January. That’s the hope anyway. I just need to knit one more pair in a solid sock yarn and I also want to get some sock blockers for the photograph. 

This year I also discovered podcasts. That is knitting podcasts. Why has it taken me so long to do so? They are so inspiring. As a result of watching these podcasts I have a few challenges for the New Year. That will be for my next post but I am hoping that  the result will be a less boring post when I show off 2020.

I hope all of you had a more interesting year and I can’t wait to see what everyone plans for 2020.

No comments:

Post a Comment