Monday 9 December 2019

Lainbow’s Zig-Zag Lace socks.



Or should they be called the brightest socks in the world? After over a year of having this yarn that Lorraine had bought especially for me to knit her socks I finally did it. Since it was a semi-solid colour I decided to use my zig-zag lace pattern. Obviously I made sure Lorraine was happy with that. I’m glad she was as I am really pleased with how it turned out. It’s difficult to see here but the pattern suits the yarn. I don’t think it would work out with a self striping yarn. It might be interesting to try it though.


I showed the yarn on the last post. It’s by Hedgehog Fibres and is a merino/nylon blend. The colour is such a bright pink and I love its name, pinky swear. It was fun to knit with so I’m glad my sister chose it. The texture of the yarn is a little rougher than I expected. perhaps due to the amount of dye used. However, it knits up well and the texture is actually perfect for socks. They feel sturdier as a result.

I have plans to try out the pattern on variegated yarn to see how it goes. I have my doubts that it will work with those. The yarns I plan to use are all from my stash and I have picked them out already. In the New Year I will knit the pattern up for a final time which will be used in order to publish the pattern. I hope you won’t be sick of the sight of it by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment