Friday 27 December 2019

Last Make of the Year


I hope that everyone had a lovely Christmas. Ours was quiet spend with family and the cat (who loved the day but not the journey). No crafting gifts but I was thoroughly spoiled with lots of other goodies. Self care will be very easy at the start of this year anyway. I’ve also got a lovely cookbook to try which happens to be healthy. Looking forward to that. My dad also got me some loose Rose tea which I have been dying to try and all the tools needed to make it. I can now highly recommend Whittard’s English Rose tea. 

I have finished the last make of the year. In fact I managed to finish it before Christmas which is good since it’s a Christmas present. I once again used my zig-zag lace pattern. I promise this is the last time you will see it before I put the official pattern out. I wanted to see how it would look in a variegated yarn. To be honest I’m not a fan. While the yarn doesn’t drown out the pattern I don’t think the pattern does the yarn any favours. This would look so much prettier on a plain sock. I’m not sure if the same would be true if I picked out a sock with a longer striping effect. It would be interesting to see. These socks are for a friend in work. I just hope she likes them better than I do.


I love the yarn itself. It is a sparkle sock yarn by Orange Jellyfish Dream. i am sure I have mentioned this hand dyer before. The dolour way is called Lightening Strike. It’s beautiful in the skein and I am sorry that I didn’t give it a chance to shine. The yarn is a merino/nylon blend and has a lovely texture to it. I loved knitting with it. Orange Jellyfish Dream is an American based Indie Dyer. The last time (which was a long time ago) I ordered yarn I was charged a fortune when I went to collect it from the post office. No fault of the dyer but I haven’t ordered any more since and I am trying to buy more locally with my yarns. It’s a shame though as it is a lovely yarn.

I do have a few other projects on the pins. I am working on my secret gift for my sister. Yes, I have missed the deadline. I am over halfway but it is taking me a lot longer than I thought. I don’t see how I will get it finished before the New Year. I am also working on a hat for myself. This is purely a project to work on when my sister is over. It’s a lovely pattern and yarn and I can’t wait to show it.

My nest post I plan to show off some of the things I have done this year as an overview. My first post of 2020 will be about my plans for the new Year. I may be a bit adventurous there but OI’m optimistic that I will manage some of what I plan if not all.

In the meantime please tell me I wasn’t the only one who has a gift unfinished.

No comments:

Post a Comment