Wednesday 30 September 2015

September WIP


Almost ran out of time for this months WIP post. In fact I was even going to give it a miss because I wasn't sure I would have anything to show. You will notice that none of these projects featured in August's post. And one of these I realise I am over reaching with. That's not to say that I have finished ANY of lasts months WIP's. In fact I haven't touched them since. No real point in showing them again.

So first up we have a basic sock. You might recognise this as the sock yarn I brought back from York. I actually started knitting these up in order to help a friends mum. I sent her my sock knitting lesson and she was struggling with the heel. I figured the best way to show her how to do it was to photograph each step as I did it myself. Hopefully it will work. And I have a pair of socks started. I haven't decided who they are for yet.


From the same stash post I mentioned some tweed like yarn that I got from Lisa. I crocheted all three skins into solid granny squares. The plan was to make a lap blanket for my wee gran who hasn't been doing too well since my mum passed away. Sadly my wee gran passed away at the weekend. She was a talented lady who inspired both my mum and myself. I plan on doing a post dedicated to her later. These squares will still become a lap blanket but I will donate it to someone else who could use it. My gran was always donating blankets she had knitted and so I think she would like that.


Lastly, my good friend Helen gave me this fabric to play with. I have been talking for ages about wanting to do mug rugs or to try hexies. Obviously sick of hearing about me wanting to do it she has given me the fabric so that I could practise. These colours are actually perfect for my sisters living room. So I am going to try a hexie cushion for her. The fabric is all washed and ironed. Next week I plan to start cutting.

No comments:

Post a Comment