Monday 21 September 2015

Crafting Goodies


This week I thought I would show you some of the crafting goodies I have treated myself to over the last few months. These are all items which are both pretty and handy. First off, how cute are these pin cushions. I have pin cushions. Some of which were stitched for me by some good friends. I couldn't resist these when I saw them and it's from an etsy/folksy seller Stitch Galore. I liked them so much I bought one for my sister too who loved it. You can find Stitch Galore's shop here and you can find her blog here. You'll also find the links in my blog list and shopping list.


Around the same time I was on pinterest (nothing new there) and spotted these little darning needle holders from Knit Affair.  The have lots of colourful knitting needles and cute accessories. Christmas is not long away and if you have a knitter in the family then take a look. Or if you want to treat yourself (as I did) then take a look.


I of course couldn't have a page of crafting goodies without mentioning my good friend. A lot of these came with the Blanket Club. We always get some goodies each month but if you fancy them yourself then you can purchase them individually from Lisa from For the Love of Yarn.  I love these blocking pins and they have come in handy when making those squares for my blanket. They are also pretty. The little stitch marker is also made by Lisa. I have a few of them and they always come in handy. You can never have too many of them.


I have also collected a few hooks thanks to various yarn clubs organised by Lisa. These hooks are part of her glitterati range. I love working with her hooks. They are so comfortable to use. She also makes hooks to custom order with different designs. She can also custom make them to help those with arthritis who have trouble with their hands. She is busy with Yarndale just now and has made a fair few to take with her. So if you want to see just how good these are (and how scrummy her yarn is) and you are going to yarndale make sure you pop by and say hello.


These are more useful than pretty. I have been sock knitting for 7 years now and I have been meaning to buy blocking tools for them. I finally did that thanks to Doodlestop. What put me off was that you had to buy blocking tools for each sock size. When you have a family with tiny feet to middling feet that isn't financially possible. These though can be adapted to size. I haven't used them yet and they look a little large but looking forward to giving them a go.


While there I also spotted some blocking pins and stitch markers. I have plenty of both but when I saw the granny square design I couldn't resist them. I am a sucker for anything with a granny square.

Anyone have any crafting purchases they want to share? 

No comments:

Post a Comment