Sunday 23 August 2015

Well Done Glasgow Fort Stitch 'N' Bitch!


A sneaky post to highlight the good work that this lovely lot have done. Doubly sneaky as I have pinched these photo's from their facebook page. These lovely ladies from the knitting group got together and raised money for the Beatson and took part in a 10k while they were there. They called themselves the Happy Hookers (the good kind). This they did in memory the memory of my mum and all the others that have been lost or fought this horrible disease. They managed to raise £1095 and have even been brought to the attention of the Beatson charity team. In fact I hear that this isn't even the final total.


To add to that talent they crocheted as they walked. They made granny square blankets in the charity colours. These blankets are now going to be raffled off by the Beatson at Christmas to help raise even more.


Each of the participants got a goody bag from the team organisers. It contained a poem, a crocheted hair clasp and a handmade crochet hook. I was lucky enough to get one of these goody bags even though I wasn't there. I will be next year though as I plan to join in. Yep, these ladies have started planning for next year already.

Once again well done ladies. You did my wee mum proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment