Monday 10 August 2015

New York! New York!


Starting off with an image that shows a very blank piece of aida isn't the best way to gain attention for a post. There is a reason for it though, I promise. A few years ago I posted this photo on instagram. I was on a break from my blog so it wasn't posted here. The point was that I was starting a new project and this would be the first and last progress photo for fear that a very good friend of mine would see it (as a fellow instagramer she would have and would have known instantly it was for her).

 

That blank aida became this New York scene (a kit from DMC). As soon as I saw this I knew that I had to make it for my friend who is New York obsessed. My one visit to this city was with her and she herself has been many many times.  Well, I started this in 2013. Finished it late in 2014. My poor friend finally received it last week. Thankfully she was unaware that she was waiting on it.


I loved stitching this project. Despite all the many shades of grey (possibly 50). I deliberately left all the colour until the end. I thought it would give me something to look forward to. Maybe if I hadn't taken such huge breaks between it would have been a problem. As it is I actually enjoyed watching this New York scene reveal itself. More importantly my friend seemed to like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment