Thursday 9 January 2014

First Finish of the Year!




This is my first attempt at blogging from my iPad. The truth is my laptop and I had a little falling out over tea. Not the first time I have to say. I am hoping like last time it will come out of its huff after a week of drying out. Unlike last time I had backed up my essays.

In the meantime I thought I would share my first finishes of the year. You caught a glimpse of it in my last post. As I said then I took a fancy to some crochet after seeing some lovely images on Instagram. Two baby blankets for a crochet along. Blankets and hats are being made for premature babies.


I took the opportunity to learn a new pattern. It's called a solid granny. I thought i was being clever and moving away from the granny. It's just another take on it. So not sure I can claim this as something off my bucket list. I used the yarn I had leftover from the mug cosies which is so lovely and soft but acrylic too. I know, the high brow knitters are cringing at the acrylic but it really is so very soft. Plus, it has to be acrylic. The hospitals request it as it can be washed in high temperatures.


I didn't have enough of the blue and so edged it in a darker blue. I used the fan edging I am so fond of as a border. I enjoyed it so much I did the same again withe purple and edged it with the small amount of white I had left. I did pin them but they still had a slight wave. I was unable to have them pinned for as long as I would have liked. I quite like the end result though.

Hmmm, well that was a big fat waste of time. In the end I had to borrow my dad's computer to add the photo's again as they were fuzzy the first time and edit the font. Never mind, I use the iPad for just about everything else.

2 comments:

  1. So annoying when you splatter your drink onto a piece of tech and fingers crossed it survives. These blankets are lovely and I'm sure the preemies will be most grateful for a lovely non-clinical blanket in a sweet colour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am genetically clumsy. I should know better but I can't work without tea. I've given it a good clean so hopefully it will work. Having said that, it is old and I really should be thinking about updating. That will have to wait a year or two though.

      Thank you.

      Delete