Monday 28 March 2016

Sister's Easter Socks #2


I finally finished my sister's second pair of Easter socks. I had planned all along that I would knit her a pair of the Jaywalker socks. As you may remember I knitted myself a pair for Christmas and I have been itching to knit another pair.  I just love the way it stripes. I'm not going to go into details about the pattern as I have done that before. Just click on that link and it will take you to it.


I used a yarn I bought a while back from Lisa of For the Love of Yarn. Again, I bought this yarn specifically for my sister. She likes cookie colour combinations (the artist in her) but she likes pretty too and I think this falls into the pretty category. She's not a girly girl (or at least she says she's not) but she does like pink. I like the subtle shades of grey through it and it actually is very like the blue and grey I used for my own pair. The colour way for this is called Rouge Grey and as always the yarn is beautiful to knit with.


Once again I think the pattern of the socks shows off the striping of the yarn beautifully. I don't think I will every get bored of  knitting these and I am actually tempted to try them again with another indie dyed sock yarn. Just to see how that turns out. The pooling isn't as precise as this once the heel is turned. This is due to the fact that the pattern only runs for the instep rather than the sole of the sock. On my socks it just meant for larger stripes but it didn't quite turn out that way for my sister. It's hard to see the effect it would have due to the fact that my sister has tiny feet. Still pretty though and I think my sister will like them.

Lisa has closed her books on her orders for now as her little boy was taken into hospital last night. Please everyone send out all your thoughts to Lisa and her family and especially to brave Callum.

No comments:

Post a Comment