Thursday 12 March 2020

Knotted Roses KAL


I follow Pink Girl Knits on Instagram. Recently she came out with a pattern for a beautiful hat called Knotted Roses. I couldn’t resist and used stash busting as an excuse to join in. It’s been a long time since I joined a KAL. I did finish it pretty quickly. Mainly because I loved how it was knitting up and couldn’t put it down. Bobbles are addictive! It’s very easy to get into and knits up fast. I did the medium sized beanie which is a perfect fit.


I wish the close up of the pattern gave justice to it. It’s so pretty and the twisted stitches really make those bobbles pop. If you are looking to knit this pattern yourself I highly recommend it.


I decided to use yarn from my stash. Mainly because I wanted to start it on time and it gave me an excuse to start up another knit as I could say that I was stash busting. I actually have very little in the way of DK in my stash. I was hoping that I would have a solid colour but as I didn’t I picked out this one from For the Love of Yarn. This came from one of Lisa’s yarn club boxes from 2015 and I had two skeins of this. The first was knitted up into a pair of socks and so now I have a matching hat. I love the striping effect on the hat and I have worn it to work already.

2 comments:

  1. I love this hat and it works well in this yarn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Have missed your blog updates. Xx

      Delete