Sunday 29 March 2020

Checking In


I just wanted to check in to see how everyone has been doing. I know a few are struggling with the isolation and the fear. I have been off work this week (planned not due to illness) and have struggled to do anything productive. The vast majority of my week has been rediscovering my Supernatural Sims game. Very little knitting got done and a whole lot of crap on tv got watched. I think there has been a lot of people feeling guilty over how unproductive they have been. There has been a lot of tweets today from various writers who have either said that they are just now feeling creative. Or have highlighted that it’s okay to spend your time processing things.

So yesterday I got my mojo back. I have been knitting away and my sister is back to doing her art as a distraction. While I have been trying to avoid the news and social media I haven’t always managed it. I love Instagram because me feed is filled with so many creative types and I have been watching them get back in their groove. Even before I could lose time looking at everyone’s knitting. It was also helped by joining a knit n natter via zoom. This was hosted by Michelle of The Loveliest Yarn Company. I didn’t say much as it was my first time using zoom. It takes a little getting used to. It was nice though and I would definitely take part again.

As for my own Instagram feed I am trying to keep it positive. I have been posting my own daily distractions. I plan to do that at least on my days off (back to work tomorrow). In the meantime I continue to knit socks and I have managed to get flour to bake banana bread for my team tomorrow. On that note I have finished another pair of socks for my nurse friends. I have no one in mind for this particular pair. I think it will be a case of who needs them the most. I am in love with this pair and it will be hard to part with them. I’m not normally a green person but I am in love with these colours and I am glad I stuck with a basic pattern in order to highlight them.


The yarn has been in my stash for quite some time. I pulled it out when I tidied out my yarn cupboard a month or two ago.  It’s by Mothy and the Squid and is part of her sky series. This one is called Forest Moon and the name couldn’t be any more perfect. The base is merino/nylon/stellina which makes the socks nice and sturdy and gives them that sparkle. You can’t really see it in the socks but the flecks in the image of the yarn is actually the sparkle. So pretty!

I hope you are all keeping safe and looking after your mental health. Remember it’s okay to just sit and watch crap tv in your pyjamas. We are all going to have days like that in the weeks ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment