Wednesday 23 June 2010

Not just a knitter.


Yep, that's right, I do actually do other things. I have made sock monkeys for a few years now. These ones are special. They are travelling sock monkeys. They like to go on holiday and have their snap taken. They can then post them on their very own facebook page. I am going into sock monkey retirement though. I plan on making the ones I promised. I will then make more until all my supplies are finished. People can claim these other sock monkeys so long as they donate to my friends charity. Once that's done I will only make mini ones to sell at craft fairs. The money for these mini ones will also go to my friends charity.


I opened up my own folksy store under my craft name Karensi. I have even managed to sell one of my sock key rings on it (and a few others from friends seeing it). I have been wanting to try my hand at making stitch markers and so made these the other day. It didn't take long at all but had to put the price up on them as the materials were expensive (it's what I get for going for the pretty beads). I haven't decided on whether or not I will make more.


These are my favourite though. I have decided to make ranges using some of my favourite things as a theme. The first is these little mushroom houses. I designed the cross stitch myself and then made them into little pin cushions. No sales so far but I only posted them yesterday. I have more plans for these mushroom houses and then lots of other things in the pipeline. As I am still building this up though it will take time. I hope to sell some of my own charts too. Just need to work out how.

I haven't completely forgotten about my knitting. I have been commissioned to make some baby socks. I just need to pick up the yarn for those. I have also been working on a wedding shawl for my friend and a pair of socks for my gran.

No comments:

Post a Comment