Friday 28 February 2014

Sneak Peeks!


I started placement this week which is why this is my first post and there was no pinterest post. I had intended on posting at the end of last week but time got away from me. Basically, I just want to let you all know that I haven't disappeared. It's been difficult to update now that I am no longer at uni and my laptop is still not working. I need to resign myself to the fact that it's never going to work again. Thankfully it works enough for me to get all my stuff off it. Plus, good news, I have a shiny new laptop which I will hopefully set up tonight.

Not sure I would have been able to update anyway. My placement is amazing but busy. I also have a couple of hours of travel to get there. That all combined, I just want to crawl into bed when I get home. There has been no crafting. Instead I have been managing to read a little. I have a few days off though and I plan to get some crafting done in between studying.

The first plan is to finish a pair of socks. That's the first sneak peek. I think they will be done this weekend and when I post about them it will also include a giveaway. So look out for that.


Knowing that I was going to be tired after shifts I wanted something simple to work on. I had some lovely Rowan yarn that I have been dying to use. It was originally going to be used to make something for my sisters bedroom. However, it's handwash only. My sister will happily accept handwash only socks but not throws or blankets. So it's now for me. Frustratingly I had thought I had bought more of the yarn than I did. I have used up the pink and so will have to buy more of each colour if I want to be able to use it as a decent sized throw or lapghan.


So, I started another throw. This time definitely for my sister. The yarn is just an acrylic (yarn snobs beware) so it can be washed at high temperatures. She wanted something to brighten up her living room and so I offered to do this for her. Really she is doing this as a favour for me as I now have something that I can work on without thinking about it. Yes, it's another solid granny. I really haven't gotten enough of those yet.


Yarn snobs come back! I decided to have a go at colourwork. If I kept putting it off I would never get round to it. This yarn is the loveliest yarn I have ever knitted socks with (not counting Lisa's yarn mind you). It's regia but it's angora. So lovely and soft. Not sure how my colourwork is turning out but who cares. It feels nice. It also takes a lot of concentration to follow the chart. So I will only be doing this a little bit at a time.

So that's what I've been up to. I will soon have an update on my sock class which finished last week. I also hope to return to pinteterest posts as of next week. I may not have many finishes over the next two months but I will still be around.

No comments:

Post a Comment