Wednesday 31 August 2016

Birthday in Keswick.


My lovely sister treated myself and my dad to a few days in Keswick for my birthday. This was my first trip to the Lake District so it was a good choice and we had a lovely time. I thought I would share a few of the photo's I took as it was so scenic.


Let's be fair. Scotland has beautiful hills too and it's easy to forget that we were in England and not Scotland. Still go though as Keswick has it's own charm.


Lots of boating while we were out there and in fact we took a boat tour ourselves. I took so many photo's from that trip but I won't bore you with them all. I think the boat trip was my favourite and if you wanted you could hop on and off at various stops.


Derwent water (just like the pencil) has it's row boats which you can rent out. We were unable to talk my dad into taking us out.


Keswick is famous for it's wildlife. Although the geese and ducks aren't quite as so wild. They get up close and personal in the hopes of food which you can buy at the local shop.


I wasn't kidding when I said those geese get up close and personal. Although they were everywhere they were actually well behaved. Better behaved than the greedy geese.


As you would have realised from my last post Keswick is also famous for it's sheep.


And you can get up close and personal with them too. Although they are happy to feed themselves.


This is one of my favourite photo's and I have no real reason to share it with you other than that. Wouldn't catch me hand gliding.


Lastly, while I didn't do any yarn shopping I did find some yarn bombing just before you head out of town.

No comments:

Post a Comment