Friday 18 March 2016

March Stash


I think this month is a little bit tamer than previous months....maybe. Remember my fibreshare swap partner Jillian? I mentioned in that post that she hand dyed her own yarn and I couldn't resist trying them when I saw all the wonderful colours. All of her yarns have a rainbow theme and who doesn't love a rainbow? Her etsy page is called Mothy and the Squid. All her yarns are beautifully bright and I guarantee you will find something different.


I picked out two of her yarns and took advantage of the lovely sunshine we had to photograph them. This one is called Speckled Rainbow and is a Merino Nylon blend. I loved the speckled effect of the yarn which is why I chose it. It was a little different from all the solid rainbow colours. I can see myself knitting up this for my sister during the summer.


She also does a series of yarn colours based on the sky which I love. It has this little spectrum of rainbow and the rest is inspired by the sky which means a whole range of shades of blue. This particular one is actually inspired by the sea and is called Stormy Seas Rainbow. I was going to go for one of the sky range but then I saw this which just happens to be my favourite colour. I will definitely be knitting this up in the basic sock pattern as I want to see the full effect of the yarn. As I said she has a whole range of these and it's worth checking out.


I was also lucky enough to receive these stitch markers along with my purchase. As you know I have a stitch marker obsessions and I love having these in my collection. I particularly like the little squids. I also like the little latch hooks.


When do I not have one of these posts and not have something from Lisa of For the Love of Yarn. The answer is NEVER! This is one of the latest ranges from Lisa and this kit is called a Dip Dying hat kit. You crochet the hat following the pattern and then you get to dip dye your hat with colours you have picked out. I am super excited about this and a little nervous as this will be my first time dying anything. This will wait until I have my new flat though as I have a feeling my dad will not thank me for doing this in his relatively newly painted kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment