Saturday 4 April 2015

Spring Plans


It's been an awful week for weather. Every time we think the sun is going to stay out it starts raining with the occasional hail stones and even a flurry of snow. This spring I have been promising to help my mum with her garden. However, every time we plan to do something the bad weather interferes. I was able to sneak out and take a few photo's of her daffodils.


It hasn't stopped me from picking up some seeds and there are still some time to plant them. I usually buy seeds for my mum each year. It's something both my sister and I have always done. This year I have picked up a few extra. Some of which my mum had requested for her hanging basket and some I picked because of the colours (and because they attract bees).


I also couldn't resist picking up some bulbs even though they can't be planted until much later. As my mum has a love of red I couldn't walk away from the Canna Lily. Fingers crossed the weather will better the next time we plan to go into the garden.


In the meantime I have the next yarn from the blanket club to work on. I love the green which is fitting for spring. I have only managed a few of this months squares but they do seem to work up quickly. This months little extras are the two pretty crochet flowers. Lisa has asked that we send some photo's of what we do with them. It might be a while before I am able to do it but I have plans for them already!


I have also been buying up a fair share of magazines. After a few years of limiting myself to one or two I have went a little mad of late. I really need to work on something from at least one of them so it doesn't look like I'm needlessly wasting money.


One of my recent magazine purchases was Simply Crochet. It's not a magazine I regularly buy unless I spot a project I know that I will do. This time though it was the freebie that caught my attention. It came with a tunisian crochet hook and there is a pattern in there for beginners. I have always wanted to give this a go since a friend of mine took it up a few years ago. Maybe this will encourage me to do finally try it.

It also contained an article on blogging. It gave hints and tips from various bloggers. I thought it was quite interesting and worth reading if you are thinking of starting up your own blog. It also has a good list of some crafting blogs which are worth checking out.

Speaking of which, I have updated my crafting blog page and added a few more to it. If you like a good crafting blog please go have a look. Oh and if anyone would like to get into blogging and would like to do a guest post here then please feel free to let me know. I don't get anything out of it other than the chance to showcase some talented people.

Lastly, I have a few planned posts coming up. Including some pinterest posts which I have been missing.

No comments:

Post a Comment