Friday 24 December 2010

Last present in the nick of time!

Woo hoo. I finished knitting my last Christmas present about an hour ago. It is now wrapped and under the tree. These socks are for my gran and match her shawl. I found a leaf, lace pattern in the book Country Weekend Socks by Madeline Weston. I love the pattern but didn't like the heal turn. I don't think it is sturdy enough to withstand time. The reducing of the sock once the heal is turned actually starts with pattern panel at the front before reducing as you normally would. It just felt a little strange. I also prefer charts rather than long hand knitting patterns. Not that it was difficult to follow. The instructions were simple and well laid out. It's just what I am used to.

I am going to go now and enjoy my Christmas. I will leave you with the return of the huge robin. Hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and that Santa is good to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment