Tuesday 28 January 2020

Zig Zag Lace Socks Pattern



I promised I would shut up about my Zig Zag Lace Socks pattern until I had published it. Well, I have finally done that. Over the last few weeks (between other projects) I have been working on the final pair for my pattern and gave it another read through. Tweaking  it here and there. Sunday night I did the final tweaking and it was ready to publish. My intention was to wait until Monday morning or until I was ready to write about it here. However, I couldn’t hold my water (as they say). I went ahead and did it. I now have my first pattern for sale on ravelry. You can find it here. Or you will notice at the top of the page I have added a new tab labelled designs. You will also find a link to it there. Please be kind as it’s my first but also do let me know if you have issues with it. I can’t fix what I don’t know about. It is fairly simple though so hopefully I have written it to show that.


For the actual pattern I decided to go with a yarn that most people will have access to or will have heard of. I picked Cascade Yarns Heritage 4ply. It has nylon in the mix which is perfect for the heels of socks. It is also beautiful to knit with. I am in love with this blue which is called turquoise. It feels very soft and knits up well. Please feel free though to use any sock yarn. You might find though that the pattern is better suited to a solid colour.



You can see above that I have knitted this pattern many times and I have used a different sock yarn in each. The bright pink is yarn by Hedgehog Fibres, the centre is the only striping yarn I used and is by Orange Jellyfish Dream. Finally the pale pink and the paler blue at the bottom are both by my favourite indie dyer For the Love of Yarn. Please have fun with it. I can’t wait to see others knitting it. Also, feel free to prove me wrong with the striping yarn. 

I have more patterns at hand but it might be a while longer before they are published. Two need tweaking and one needs written from scratch. In the meantime I am getting back to my 2020 challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment