Thursday 8 February 2018

2017 - Year of Study


A boring year deserves a boring photograph. I have been MIA for about 7/8 months now. Mainly because I have been studying. In September I finished my Palliative care course. It was a bit of a slog. A good slog as I enjoyed it. A slog nonetheless. Working full time and studying bites into your creativity time never mind your ability to document it. It was all worthwhile though I not only passed, I was awarded a medal for the highest grades. Not sure how that happened but I'm quite proud and I'm already wondering what I'm going to study next.


2017 was also the year of the Bullet Journal. I already posted about that.  However, I also joined a facebook group that was organising a travel bullet journal. We were organised into groups and the idea was that we would send our journals round our group and then swap with a group in America. Sadly the organiser had to take time out and things seemed to fall apart after that. Our little group is still going and we will soon send our journals round again. It's been fun and I have learned a lot from them. Gotten lots of ideas. More than that we have become friends. There isn't a week goes by when we aren't sending messages or sharing photographs (usually of snow). I can't remember whose journal is photographed above but I did this when I went to Arran.


My own bullet journal did take a back seat whenever I worked on the travel ones but I still enjoy it. I now have my own cover. I had envy when I saw my friends Lisa and I immediately ordered one for myself. If you are looking for a travellers notebook a highly recommend DaCasca.  She makes them from cork and felt. She custom makes them (shockingly I chose all blues) and she has lots of different styles to chose from, which she is always expanding. Mine holds two LT notebooks and two inserts which is perfect for my needs. I have my bullet journal, a journal for crafts, an insert for book notes and an insert for blog notes. My work notes are kept separately.


I did do some knitting. I knitted some socks. All for other people. All of which I forgot to photograph (oops). I also did a lot of baby knitting. I knitted three blankets and two jumpers. Yes! I said jumpers! You have no idea how proud I am. I have tried to knit jumpers and cardigans so many times over the years. I always end up giving in. I was a little nervous as I didn't have my mum to help bit I actually managed it. Don't get me wrong, there are a few mistakes in there but this looks like it would fit a baby and not Quasimodo. I'm classing it as a win and my friend liked it. I think my mum would be proud of me too.


For a few months my sister and I also went back to life drawing which we enjoyed as we always do. We stopped in December there because of my off duty. We haven't managed it back yet but we will.

Hopefully that's me back to blogging and crafting. I have lots of plans this year and I'm looking forward to it. Meanwhile I hope that 2017 was more creative for you and would love to hear what your crafting goals are for 2018.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Karen how nice to have you back! Congratulations on your achievement with your course - well done! You definitely are a life-long learner! I'm looking forward to seeing all your creative projects this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ginnie. I'm looking forward to being more creative this year. As much as I love the academics I definitely need something to break it up.
      What about yourself? Are you planning on blogging now that you have more time for your creativity? I noticed that you have been challenging yourself with crafts. I would love to see you blogging about it.

      Delete