Friday 9 March 2012

Easter Chicks!


So this last week everything else has been put aside to knit these chicks. A friend from my knitting group sent me the pattern and I have been hooked since.


The yarn used is called sprinkles by King Cole. To make the chicks hold their shape you have to use 3 1/4mm needles. The band around the yarn recommends knitting it with 6mm. As a result it made for some very tight knitting and some very sore fingers. Worth it though. On average you can get four chicks out of one ball. I managed five but I think I am quite a tight knitter. I also gave them larger beaks than I was supposed to. I think it gives them more character. The chick at the top has been given away already. One is for my sister and I haven't yet decided where the other three are going.


Oh, and the best part? They hold chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment