Tuesday 4 July 2017

Christmas Stocking Blanket!


Last week I hunted out my WIP bag. I had a few projects in there that needed very little to complete and it has been bothering. Although not enough to do anything about until now. One of them is this lap blanket. All I actually needed to do was sew in the ends which I finally did. Actually didn't take long at all. I just hate sewing in ends. Most boring part of any craft.


This blanket was actually started at Christmas. You might remember that I purchased two yarn advent calendars. One of those was by For the Love of Yarn. Lisa provided a shawl pattern but I quite fancied the idea of a small blanket. Perfect for over the lap while working on a project.


I love the fact that I didn't know what the next colour was going to be. Despite my lack of will power I was actually very good and didn't open them in advance. Not like me at all. As I wanted to make the blanket slightly bigger I used leftover sock yarn. I chose a slightly thicker sock yarn for the edging to give it a nice drape and used my favourite fan pattern.


It's sitting in my living room for now but I might eventually move it to my little book nook. Can't wait for next years calendar.

2 comments:

  1. Following your posts Karen I've ordered an advent parcel from Lisa (in sock weight obvs.) am am really looking forward to it -- can't believe I'm counting down to Christmas already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see what you knit with your new wool. As always, I love my socks.

    ReplyDelete