Tuesday 28 February 2012

Knitting Group Love!


About a month ago one of my friends from my knitting group asked us to knit jumpers for a charity. A friend from her church was knitting them for children with Aids in Africa. She asked my friend if any of us would be interested in knitting some. I have to confess I was unable to join in due to demands from my course (plus no one would want a jumper knitted by me) but everyone in the group took to it and I had to share. In the space of just a month 126 jumpers were knitted. A few got people from their work into it. Most even have matching hats. The lady collecting was just hoping for maybe one from each of us so I'm sure she will be in for a surprise. Normally I don't post about my groups activities here but I had to share this one.

If you are interested you can see more about the group from our blog here (although I have yet to post about this there).

No comments:

Post a Comment