Wednesday 18 June 2014

Still All Hush Hush!


 Everything that I am working on just now is hush hush. EVERYTHING! Which makes for some very dull posts. I have finished my dads socks which you would have seen by now but technology has failed me. Or I have failed it. My two month old laptop ended up with so many viruses that it had to be wiped and reloaded with everything. When you have a phenomenal number of photo's on dropbox this takes forever. I could have used my dads computer but I was determined that I would be using my laptop now that it is well again. And can I just say that if I had went with the anti virus programmed that I normally use (and I am using once again) in the first place this would never have happened. In other words it's the last time I listen to my dad even if he does usually know what he is talking about.

Now that I have passed that rant. I did actually make it along to my knitting group for the first time in a month. Which was nice. It was also nice not being the one organising everything (sorry Helen). I worked on my secret cross stitch (of which I have given you a sneak peak) and chatted. The downside is that there are a few things coming up that I am going to miss. Our annual challenge, the end of our charity event and a baby shower.


Speaking of my knitting group how pretty is this teacup and saucer? One of the ladies makes candles in vintage sets and sells them at her craft fairs. I love it and as much as I would like one for myself I thought it would be a perfect gift for my wee granny who loves the unusual. She will be wondering why I have got her another teacup and then she will be 'oh, it's a candle'. So she has her socks and this candles. Any ideas as to what else I could get her?


The baby shower I am going to miss is going to be a little different which makes me doubly gutted to be missing it. The lovely lady in question is going to be wearing traditional Indian dress for the event. Her mum has come over for 6 months to look after her. She made these beautiful beaded bands for her to wear. The one at the top goes round the abdomen. The red is worn as a headband. The two smaller bands are worn round the arms. Another friend did put it on but I don't want to completely steal my knitting groups thunder since Helen has been writing that blog in my absence. I will sneak a picture of Swati in her full regalia. I am sure Helen won't mind.


So between secret projects, final placement, essay writing, studying and applications I have managed to fit in some relaxation. The sun has actually come out here in Glasgow and to make the most of it my sister and I made our way to a bear garden. The one we normally go to was closed but we managed to find a very quiet one nearer to where my sister lives. Which was nice.


There has also been time for walks. I couldn't resist this cheeky duck. Obviously this wasn't his first photo shoot.

Lastly, I have some news. I am looking for crafty guest bloggers. I have a few talented friends signed up to do a one off blog post for me. This is to prevent  boredom setting in for those of you who read my blog. Since my projects are gifts and I can't spend as much time on them as I would like things are going to be quiet around here. I don't want that to happen. Then I remembered just how talented my friends are and some of them don't even have their own blogs (and they should). Maybe this could entice them to start one.

I am looking for other crafty people who would like to guest blog though. It doesn't matter if you already have a blog. Maybe your blog isn't craft orientated and you would like to talk about something that doesn't quite fit in with the feel of your blog. Either way I would love to hear about a post you would like to write. It can be on anything craft related. It can be a story, a tutorial, a bit about your favourite craft, advice to other crafters, a crafting disaster story, about your crafting business, anything. Just leave a wee comment and I will get back to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment