Saturday 20 June 2020

Sock Saturday/Sock Sunday


I finished these socks a few weeks ago and I have been meaning to post about them since. I actually had plans for this specific post on Wednesday. It wasn’t until evening (despite my bullet journal) that I remembered and it was too late to take photographs. I had started these socks before I cast on my cardigan. I decided to keep going as it would be good to have an easy knit that I could work on at times when concentration was not required. Hence the basic sock pattern. I’m so glad that I did as I love these socks. This is my colour.


The yarn was part of my May haul. It is Blue Footed Booby (inspired by the bird) by Mothy & the Squid. I love her yarn and love knitting with it. I especially love her inspiration for her yarn colours. I mentioned in the haul post how the bird this yarn is based on took me back to my childhood. Those colours though. As I said these are my colours. I love the blues and I love how it knitted up.


So last Saturday a lovely lady on the ‘The Loveliest Yarn Company’ knitting group page suggested that we have a mini challenge which was to have sock Saturday. The challenge is to see how much you can get knitted in a day. I joined late in the evening and so decided to continue on to the Sunday too (although I was at work for most of the day. Above is what I managed to get done which is most of the first leg. I think I would have got one sock finished had I taken part early enough.

So I have decided that I will do this challenge every weekend (Sock Saturday and Sock Sunday sounds better than Sock Weekend). I’ll be updating on this on my Instagram and after today I will only really be showing my finishes here. So if you want to see my progress over a weekend you can do so there. I will give you some details of this sock though. The yarn is from Mothy & the Squid and it’s part of her sock yarn club. Again I showed this on last months yarn haul post. The pattern is called “Party Like it’s 1999” by Tricot and Stitch. I am loving how it is knitting up and it’s an interesting pattern to knit.

In other news, I am still working on my Piosa cardigan. As of now I am on the hem and I will have enough for pockets. Which means I will then just need to sew in the ends and block it and I’m done. I’m so proud of myself already.

No comments:

Post a Comment