Sunday 12 January 2020

On Which I Sit on a Throne of Lies.


Who doesn’t love and Elf quote? I actually managed to finish one more thing before the New Year. I fell in love with a hat pattern I saw on the Instagram feed of the Loveliest Yarn Company. You had to join the facebook group (Look up TLYC Knit and Knatter) to get this free pattern. A win win really. Join a group of knitters and get a free knitting pattern. The pattern is called Totally Tweety Hat by Michelle Gregory and she has written it out for all sizes. It’s a fairly easy pattern and so would be suitable for beginners. It also knits up very quickly. I love the fact that you knit it inside out. The end result is a pretty and cosy hat. I chose the larger size so that it would fit with my hair all up.


I used the recommended yarn which is Lama-Tweed by Cama Rose. There was no contest in the colour way. I will always choose blue-greens. The yarn is super soft and I loved knitting with it. I think a matching scarf or cowl in the same yarn would be perfect. It knits up well too. As a result my hat was extra cosy.


The hat was off the pins and the very next day I had it on. Perfect for going in to work. I kept it in my bag so that I wouldn’t forget it the next day. My handbag at the moment is fairly big. The bigger the bag the more I put in it. Yet, the next morning I woke to find my poor hat in the middle of the hall. A victim of my yarn loving cat. Clawed to bits beyond repair. Mental note. Keep my woollens out of reach. So molly is now happily tearing away at what was briefly the softest and cosiest hat I’ve ever worn. I will knit it again at some point though. I’ve also added to my knitting plans this year. Knit Molly some toys and make sure they contain catnip. That will also stop her for stealing my knits right?

No comments:

Post a Comment