Monday 10 August 2020

My Orange Socks

 


These socks may now be my new favourite. You have no idea how much I love them. They are so comfortable. Just to warn anyone having difficulties viewing ravelry the following link will take you to ravelry. The pattern is called Tauriel Socks by Maven Crafted. Like all the patterns I seem to fall in love with these days I first came across it on Instagram. It seemed that everyone was knitting them and I knew instantly that I had to too. You have no idea how difficult it was since I had to wait as the first few times I saw it the finished knits were from test knitters and the pattern itself had yet to be released. Such a tease! It worked though as I purchased it as soon as it came out. I personally think it was worth the wait and the purchase. It’s a beautiful pattern to knit and uses a simple method for a very effective result.

I did go a size bigger than I normally would. I went for my usual size and the colours of the yarn were pooling badly. It was very noticeable. As I was determined that this yarn and this pattern were meant to be I upped the size and it resolved the issue. It also mean that I had a slightly bigger pair of socks than normal but actually that worked out too. These are so comfy to wear slouching about the house. I highly recommend. 


The yarn is called Jayne and is by Sealy MacWheely. This was the first time I have knitted with her yarn and I was so excited to do so. I think this colourway was meant for this pattern. I love it! It was very tempting to knit a hat with it (given the inspiration) but once I decided on this pattern I couldn’t imagine it with anything else. They yarn is beautiful to work with. Very soft and very cosy. If you have never used Sealy MacWheely yarn before I highly recommend that you do (she’s also the bestie of a very good friend of mine and so deserves the love for that alone).


My blockers were a little too narrow for the sock so it didn’t block very well but this is the design at the front (go to instagram and I am sure you will find far superior images of other finishes). It looks perfect on my feet though but I will not put you through a photo of those. 

These socks were knitted as part of my Sock Weekends. The first weekend in August I was working so I didn’t do my socks weekend. Basically, I had done the cuff of a new pattern and as I had yet to establish the pattern repeat I didn’t think it was a good idea to begin it while having my morning coffee. Instead I worked on my summery top. The weekend just gone I did very little but I managed to do a bit of knitting on the Sunday. Not much progress as I ripped it all out and started again. However, it’s another pair of socks knitted a little bigger. Another pattern and colourway that I am in love with. Can’t wait to share it.

No comments:

Post a Comment