Sunday 3 May 2020

East London Knits Knit-A-Long


I promised a post about the knit a-long I was participating in and here it is. It’s a cardigan and the design is called Piosa by Renee Callahan of East London Knits. I love her designs and I thought taking part in something like this would be a good way to knit my first garment. I haven’t shown you a full image of it because it’s not mine to share. These images are from the pattern itself so I have zoomed in to small parts of it. I can tell you it is pretty and has pockets! I think I will definitely be challenged here. It’s not a mystery knit. You know what the final product will look like. However, the pattern is being released in four parts (I think four parts). Plus it has tutorial videos which I think will be helpful for me. I have knit my swatch but I’ve still to block it so no photo’s from me yet. I also haven’t started the cardigan itself yet as I had to order some needles. I made the stupid assumption that I had them all. I do not. They have now been ordered so by then I will have my swatch blocked and will have watched the next tutorial.


The suggested yarn is Nua worsted by Carol Feller of Stolen Stitches. I decided not to make life difficult for myself by choosing a different yarn. The colour I’ve chosen is called Unexpected Macaw. It is such a beautiful yarn. So soft and I loved knitting with it on that small swatch. I can only imagine wearing a full cardigan in this. Some of you will see this and think that is a Karen colour. Believe it or not there was another colour which was more of a signature Karen. My sister was able to point it out straight away. I wanted to go for something slightly different but one that would go with most of my clothes. I think I picked right even if it’s not completely out of my colour comfort zone.

I hope that you are still all managing to stay sane while shut away and safe if you are having to leave for work. I’ve been fairly tired and my sock knitting has slowed down a little. I am on my last pair for my nurse friends and I am going to move on to a pair for my sister. Next post I hope to show you some of the yarn I have purchased for this months small business support. For now though I am off for some family zoom chat. Stay safe everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment