Sunday 5 December 2010

Crazy Stripe!

Another present down. Once again these socks are for my sister. I was going to put them in with her Christmas but have decided that they will be part of her birthday. Her birthday is the week before Christmas (some people are just so inconsiderate in having birthdays right before Christmas). Once again the yarn I used was Lorna Laces and the colour way is called Crazy stripe. I decided to do a basic sock as I was curious as to how this one would knit up. Glad I did as I think the striping would drown out any pattern. I love the effect of the pink and blue together and think my sister will like them. If you haven't used Lorna Laces before I highly recommend it. It's such a lovely yarn to knit with. It doesn't split, it comes in lots of colour shades and, more importantly, it's machine washable. If you do decide to try it you will need to buy two hanks as one hank is only 60g which isn't enough for a pair of socks.



I also decided to list these cotton baby socks on my folksy page. I was saving them and planning to do others for a craft fair but in the end didn't have time. Decided it was best just to have them on folksy as who knows when the next craft fair will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment